Sunday, November 3, 2019

Christmas cactus blooming in the redrum kitchen at Summer’s End I bought that little cactus the day I moved into this house almost three years on December 23rd




Dear Darklings I have been absent due to a long horrifying bout of the flu today day 15 I regained my appetite after living on broth and saltines for two weeks I realized I have never had the flu before and that’s because flu shots were free and handed out to everyone in the big airplane factory this year I dawdled dear friends take my word for it do not dawdle 

that’s it 💯 of  nothing else has happened to me

xo

4 Comments:

Blogger 37paddington said...

Never had the flu before? How is that possible? I'm sorry you were laid low and glad you seem to be reviving. I've never had a flu shot and I've definitely had the flu, but plan to dodge it this season. Beautiful still life on your kitchen table.

November 3, 2019 at 11:41 AM  
Blogger Ramona Quimby said...

I hadn't had the flu before four years ago, and jesus christ that laid me flat. Getting my flu shot next weekend. Glad you're on the mend.

November 3, 2019 at 1:49 PM  
Blogger Ms. Moon said...

Got my flu shot for sure.
And I am so sorry that you got the damn flu. Oh honey. I wish I could have been there to help you.
Rest, rest, rest.
Glen's mother used to say that sometimes sickness can "come back on you." Don't let that happen.

November 3, 2019 at 2:20 PM  
Blogger Barbara said...

Got my shot. The flu is serious business. Hope you’re better every day.
Xoxo
Barbara

November 4, 2019 at 5:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home