Friday, October 4, 2019

and still, there are roses


they aren’t fancy or cultivated just wild strong resilient climbers below my deck they are blood red though the photo I took this morning makes them look pink but here is proof of beauty they give me such hope in spite of this week’s panic attack I have been free from the horrible floating anxiety that plagued me for months for almost three weeks now

I am so thankful for the Johnny Cash Psychiatrist pushing me for two years straight to figure out the difference between panic and anxiety in myself though at the time it seemed like an endless repetition of where were you what were you feeling what did you think was going to happen how long did it last and now I know deep in my body that the panic won’t last but the anxiety is a different beast also I remember my last appointment with him when I used his bathroom then couldn’t find the trash bin then had a panic attack right in front of him which caused him to panic and he made me lie down and he gave me a giant triangle shaped Ativan that was apparently  just rattling around in his desk then he retired then died right after that and my brother told me he had seen his obituary and I was pretty sure I killed him

I swept my floors this morning (and collected enough cat hair to make a sweater for a small child) so I can mop later I ate red beans and rice and made an executive decision to keep the television off I need a break from the endless stress inducing news cycle once my bones thaw (from walking around outside early morning in my nightgown but it smells like Jesus’s own summer camp out there) I’m going to the beach then to the farmers market for now I’m sitting by my little propane fire place watching the feral kittens play with a three foot long black string with plastic aglets on its tips that appears to be a shoestring from a size 47 man’s shoe I’ve no idea where it came from but I bet this winter when some tent size thing flaps open I’ll have my answer the kittens have been running through the house holding it by its ends as it drags behind their bodies like the world’s longest mouse tail

Hello Darklings hello is it winter where you live do you have a pumpkin on your porch Jupiter the Magnificent Witchy Cat sends black cat regards from Summer’s End to you


5 Comments:

Blogger Penelope said...

I am sending waves of good vibes your way. Good move to switch off the television. I have not had tv for fourteen years. Nothing good comes out of Pandora's box.
I found out four days ago you are famous. I had truly stumbled upon your blog originally and had no idea. Then I was embarrassed at my ignorance. Then I remembered that truly is not what you are about and here I am again in friendship.
Prince Hal is a handsome boy. My old cat, Mrs. Persnickitty, passed away a few months ago. She was a black cat. Stealth cat..keeper of my hearth.

October 4, 2019 at 12:55 PM  
Blogger Radish King said...

Hi Penelope. That’s Jupiter up top. There is good magik in black cats. I am so sorry about Mrs. Persnickety. The Animal Gods tend our souls. I’m pretty sure I’m not famous! It’s kind of a startling idea. I’m just a weirdo living in a forest.
🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲

October 4, 2019 at 1:08 PM  
Blogger Ms. Moon said...

I honest to god just had a small panic attack, nothing like yours in Walmart. I was leaving Lily's where I had had the most delightful time chatting and laughing with my daughters and playing with the children and suddenly, it was like my throat was being clawed by something and my breathing felt weird and I thought, "Am I having a stroke? Should I call my kids?" and then I remembered what you wrote on your last post and thought, shit, shit. And this is NOTHING compared to that but it sucks, even the tiny ones. I swallowed half an Ativan and drove on home and I'm okay but I still have the muzzy head, the head full of jellyfish, maybe. Anxiety and panic ARE two different things, completely. Jupiter knows everything.
Your roses are soft drops of blood-life there among the green.
You are precious and right now I am grateful that because of you I knew what was happening without too much fright (except for you know- that fright) and you helped me, Rebecca. You truly did.
No pumpkin on my porch. It would melt.
I think I am going to make a sourdough starter with Lloyd air-yeast. It's what I feel compelled to do.

October 4, 2019 at 1:13 PM  
Blogger Radish King said...

Mary oh no I am sorry to hear about your panic attack. They come out of the blue like that bitey terrible hurtful things. I too have been considering baking today but it seems I will instead do zero percent of nothing. Except for my swept floor.
XXXOOO

October 4, 2019 at 1:44 PM  
Blogger Penelope said...

My apologies to Sir Jupiter. It's as though my brain just steps out for a quart of milk sometimes. Brilliant Lady, you are not weird. In our family we say we are "Special".

October 4, 2019 at 4:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home