Tuesday, October 8, 2019

Pig and farm report

this post is fractious and blinky and discursive
I lost power three times last night in the middle of the night in the middle of the night I call your name oh Yoko oh Yoko
at 11:30 pm for two hours then again at 1:30 am for 45 minutes then again at 2:15 am
Oh Yoko oh Yoko
the fuckery of insomnia and smoke alarms that emit a loud sad Disneyfied nose whistle as they shut themselves off

no dizziness today but I am punched in the stomach
I thought after 1989 i.e. the cocaine years I would be done with withdrawal
but the universe says NO the universe says ANSWER HAZY ASK AGAIN TOMORROW
I don’t know whether to recite the Serenity Prayer or the Boy Scout Oath

my son is here my darling good boy my situation has caused him stress so he is rearranging my cupboards and my refrigerator and my pantry in his way which is to stack everything neatly according to size and then pushing everything in the back in order to make more room he does not understand that the cans of tomatoes have to go with the tomato paste because he is not a cook but I am grateful that he is here I love his steady presence so I will wait until he leaves to put the sugar back with the flour and the beans back with the rice also he took me to breakfast where we saw a black sky across an extraordinarily bright meadow to the south and a sunny sky with popcorn clouds and fluffy goddamn angels to the north and two rainbows and the Stillaguamish River stormsurging up to its grassy lip

hello for now hello hello

day 4

7 Comments:

Blogger Ms. Moon said...

I think that is one of the most beautiful true love songs ever written.
I also think that you are (as I may have already said) one of the bravest women I know.
Your son is a beautiful jewel in the belly of the Buddha universe.

October 8, 2019 at 2:33 PM  
Blogger Penelope said...

Hello hello! A lovely echo. Glad to hear of your change of spirit for the better.
Those who organize will never know the thrill of discovery like I do. I have four pantries because I once didn't have food, so now I have enough to survive a six month blizzard, which we may get tomorrow, if the forecast is to be believed.
A friend dropped off books, there is plenty of coffee and tea. Bring it on.

October 8, 2019 at 4:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I’m so glad your son is there. I know how frightening dizzy spells are. Wolf, Hal and Jupiter are looking great! Wolf has such a pretty face. Much love to all at Summer’s End.
Xoxo
Barbara

October 8, 2019 at 5:49 PM  
Blogger Adie Das said...

I need a son. A steady presence in my house. My mother died in my arms 17 days ago. Sometimes rabbits don't suffice.

October 9, 2019 at 11:32 PM  
Blogger Radish King said...

(((I am so sorry about your mother oh love and tender)))

October 10, 2019 at 7:31 AM  
Blogger 37paddington said...

Lordt, how you write. You know, I got sober in 1989, too. December 13 to be exact. In the rooms, reciting the serenity prayer.

October 10, 2019 at 11:59 AM  
Blogger Adie Das said...

Thank you.

October 11, 2019 at 1:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home