Tuesday, November 5, 2019

Pig and farm report


Attempting to gather enough energy into my body to climb into the bathtub as we apparently barrel into xmess without once pausing to consider any other part of the season I am grateful for the sentry trees that guard me the huge six point dark furred buck that astonished me by looking into my bedroom window the striking beauty of the ever changing November sky the roses still hanging onto their brave stems in spite of politics for my brilliant son who cares for me and is pretty much the only white man in Terrible America who does not fill me with disgust and dread for my down comforter for warm blankets for a winter coat that fits and shoes without holes in them and for a house generous and warm and welcoming for a full pantry for a car that runs without hiccups thank you thank you gods of the unknowable world

4 Comments:

Blogger Ms. Moon said...

A prayer I would pray myself.
Hello, dear Rebecca! I have missed you.

November 5, 2019 at 10:33 AM  
Blogger 37paddington said...

Gratitude as very fine poetry.

November 5, 2019 at 12:06 PM  
Blogger Radish King said...

Ah yes Mary. I never made it into the bath yesterday but I did this morning. Tiny progress is still progress.
XO

November 6, 2019 at 12:01 PM  
Blogger Radish King said...

Thank you dearest R, this beauty is enough for Thanksgiving for me. Seeing it every day.
Love

November 6, 2019 at 12:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home