Monday, September 24, 2018

#National Punctuation Day

I read that on Twitter this morning and laughed and snorted

Also puncture punctured and punctures all showed up as spelling suggestions before punctuation which is alarming and really who among us is not alarmed these days all the time every moment

Good morning Darklings I woke at 2:30 this morning and could not get back to sleep so I lit the fire ate an apple made a pot of strong tea and started watching a new show on Netflix called Maniac then I stopped watching after thinking about the etymology of the word maniac which of course is mania

From French maniaque, from Late Latin maniacus, from Ancient Greek μανιακός (maniakós), adjectival form of μανία (manía, “madness”)

So it goes

10 Comments:

Blogger Ms. Moon said...

Good morning, Rebecca. It is still so warm here but beautiful. I am looking a firespike blossom which is glowing red in a shaft of light falling through the magnolia tree. I am thinking of you.

September 24, 2018 at 8:28 AM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Thank you for telling me about National Punctuation Day. I just came back from teaching my first creative writing class for seniors. I'm still working the gig economy. We did NOT discuss punctuation, and I am sorry for that.

September 24, 2018 at 2:38 PM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

OMG OMFG!!!! I just found you again. I have been wondering if you'd gone underground while I was away from FB, or if you'd gone into deep animal sleep. So GLAD that you are okay. I will have to get caught up now.

September 24, 2018 at 3:57 PM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

I, too, began watching that show after a fit of what may have been hyperreligiosity-driven mania. I watched one episode then decided not to torture/scare myself anymore.

September 24, 2018 at 4:30 PM  
Blogger Radish King said...

Mary I’m sending the cool first fragrance of my house to your heat. Love

September 25, 2018 at 7:46 AM  
Blogger Radish King said...

Elizabeth high school seniors? I do not miss the gig economy. Carry on. They’re lucky to have your sharp brain and wild funniness. XO

September 25, 2018 at 7:48 AM  
Blogger Radish King said...

Rebecca hi! I’ve been here since Nov. 23, 2016. Almost two years!

September 25, 2018 at 7:52 AM  
Blogger Marylinn Kelly said...

I am certainly alarmed these days all the time every moment. No longer any point is asking, "What fresh hell is this?" The gig economy, of course. Still gigging after all these years.

September 26, 2018 at 12:07 PM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

Rebecca, Rebecca. Two years. When I had my knee replaced, everything shifted. I am still out of phase. I was keeping up with you on Facebook, then I couldn't find you. And here you are, here all the time.

September 26, 2018 at 9:17 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

No! Senior Citizens! Very, very old and ancient with either filmy eyes or deep and penetrating ones.

September 27, 2018 at 10:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home