Friday, September 14, 2018

Pig and farm report

today two associates from my innerlube factory showed up to put two signal boosters in my house they were here for about a half hour and I did not get paranoid I did not cry I did not think they were going to kill me and I did not die inside that half hour which lasted about fifteen days as I sat frozen on the sofa and the cats howled like wolves as they were sequestered in the bathroom

I did however take an Ativan

then I went out during a rain lull and picked all these beauties which look like almost pico de gallo + a small salsa verde (I still need limes and cilantro) I have only been able to grow nine tomatillos this year so far the yellow and purple are the sweetest the peppers are growing everywhere that there is a jalapeño and a serrano they are big whores and commingle right out in the yard where everyone can see the jalapeño will go in the pico and the serrano will go in the tiny salsa verde

good bog the tomatoes I eat at least one a day usually squooshed between two pieces of bread slathered in mayonnaise sometimes cut up and tossed in scrambled road eggs sometimes in a quick marinara and the poor cherry tomatoes haven't even come close to the house as the deer and my son and I eat them right off the vine like candy I doubt any of my tomatoes will get canned or frozen this year


then I finished my first interview question with Tom which felt good and right I have never enjoyed doing an interview with anyone else and then my brain turned back on pretty much as close to normal today as it will ever be


Love




6 Comments:

Blogger Ms. Moon said...

Jealous, jealous beyond jealous at your tomatoes, your tomatillos, your peppers. Your salsa and pico will be muy rica.
I salute your gardening abilities! I salute your returned brain! I salute the fact that you were able to sit on the couch while the interlube associates worked on your signal.
Be well, darling Rebecca.

September 15, 2018 at 6:28 AM  
Blogger 37paddington said...

Is it odd that this post makes your kingdom sound idyllic? I am glad that when your brain spins you are at least in a harmonious and beautiful place. Those tomatoes look and sound divine.

September 15, 2018 at 6:34 AM  
Blogger Radish King said...

Mary I have a big old girl crush on my garden this year especially those tomatoes that taste like sun globs. Good morning!
Love

September 15, 2018 at 6:35 AM  
Blogger Radish King said...

Dear R it truly is idyllic here and to live comfortably without fear of the floor caving in or the ceiling falling on my head is still a miracle. Last night it rained and I slept with my bedroom window open to the sound and the forest fragrance. Did you know that when one tree is feeling poorly the nearby trees will send sap down into their roots to nourish the poorly tree? You are a tree to me. Love

September 15, 2018 at 6:50 AM  
Blogger 37paddington said...

Dear Rebecca, I love being part of your forest. My sap is yours always. You do the same for me.

September 15, 2018 at 8:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh what bounty! I have given up tomato growing this year, far too many critters including some huge iguanas. I'm so very excited for you!
Xoxo
Barbara

September 15, 2018 at 1:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home