Saturday, September 22, 2018

Also this


it was a true relief to hear from the court system when I told my son about it he said hey you beat the system which is 100% untrue I have done jury duty many times in the past and served on two different cases this is because I am insane not because I am trying to beat anything except perhaps my son

I'M KIDDING PEOPLE ALSO HE'S 6'5" AND EXTREMELY FAST AND STRONG


reading this gave me two immediate feels
1. relief
2. sadness because this is a document that proves just how entirely insane I am I had the same feeling when my SSDI was approved today yes I know I'm insane and I'm okay with it but I think I hide it pretty much when I have too which is a false belief and probably typing this goes further to prove I'm insane rather than telling myself I am only partially insane the comforting lie

8 Comments:

Blogger Ms. Moon said...

Oh, definitions are tricky, love. My own insanity reaches out to yours and says, "Hey friend! We are different but we are alike."
Did that sound like Mr. Rogers?

September 22, 2018 at 9:53 AM  
Blogger Radish King said...

I never saw Mr. Rogers! Not due to my insane but because I didn’t own a television until my son was in jr. high.
XO

September 22, 2018 at 10:09 AM  
Blogger Ms. Moon said...

I swear to you that he saved me when Hank and May were little. Every day he would tell me, "I like you just the way you are."
No one else was telling me that. I still love him for it.

September 22, 2018 at 4:42 PM  
Blogger 37paddington said...

Mr. Rogers was a quiet revolutionary. I know your insane causes you pain sometimes but you know, it also makes your art wild and rich and original, it makes you a true visionary and I have always wondered if the people we call crazy just see more than the rest, see more layers, feel more keenly, I don’t know. I only know I love your mind and your heart and I love you.

September 23, 2018 at 6:08 AM  
Blogger Radish King said...

Thank you dear R though I think I create art in spite of being mentally ill not because of it. When I am cycling as I am now it is almost impossible to do anything at all. Though I’m tempted to think that art makes me crazy this is also just not true. Years of reading study and hiding from humans have definitely helped 😉
Love

September 23, 2018 at 8:34 AM  
Blogger 37paddington said...

Thank you for setting my wrongheaded notions straight. I am glad you create art in any case. Love love love.

September 23, 2018 at 3:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Relief!! Please give those precious kitties some pets from me. Like R, I’m so grateful you create art. Much love.
Xoxo
Barbara

September 23, 2018 at 6:01 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

I'm sorry that you've been relieved of jury duty PERMANENTLY because of your insane. But I have to admit that the tone of the letter makes me laugh a bit -- so, so polite and serious and in these terrible times what a crock of shit in general, right?

September 24, 2018 at 2:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home