Friday, December 6, 2019

Pig and farm report

my son left early this morning and I like being here alone a way of ratcheting down everything I cooked steel cut oats with a cut up apple and cinnamon in my slow cooker and had it for breakfast then I washed the oatmeal bowl and my spoon and the slow cooker and spent the rest of the day cooking black beans in it so tomorrow I can have one of my favorite dinners corn tortilla with a spoonful of black beans topped by one scrambled egg topped by a spoonful of plain Greek yogurt with a wee bit of restaurant hot salsa I had some Gouda and 3 Ritz crackers and three dill pickles for dinner tonight the laundry washed and folded and put away the kitchen clean coffee made for tomorrow I thought about baking bread but I am still too exhausted from whatever fuckery is inhabiting my lungs actually I know what it is I just have to be careful it doesn’t turn really evil

the rest of the day I read delicious solitary superb reading the way I read as a child lost in the story

typing into the void here is my way of pushing back the intense dark of winter even though I clearly don’t have much to say

so is this


6 Comments:

Blogger Ms. Moon said...

I am about to be alone here again for a few days and it will be fine.
I wish I still liked oatmeal. I have eaten so much of it in my life that I simply can't abide it any more. Sometimes I do make up a bowl of oat bran cereal. For some reason, that's more tolerable to me.

December 7, 2019 at 6:33 AM  
Blogger Radish King said...

I only eat oats in the winter. In the summer I eat grass like most horses.
🐎
❤️

December 7, 2019 at 6:37 AM  
Blogger 37paddington said...

Reading the way you did as a child, lost in the story, isn't it the most delicious escape? Your house looks so cozy.

December 7, 2019 at 7:18 AM  
Blogger Radish King said...

Thank you! It is cozy here and I still haven’t painted so I still haven’t hung up much art. The idea of painting these high ceilings is daunting and I think I’m just going to hire someone to do it this summer. And that room is still empty except for my little desk in the corner. And I see that my dust shows up in that pic. I don’t care. Reading that way reading with abandon has been a deep sustaining joy my life entire. It’s why I write. Love
Rebecca

December 7, 2019 at 7:25 AM  
Blogger 37paddington said...

what dust? yes, hire someone to paint. the room still being empty will only make that easier.

December 8, 2019 at 9:38 AM  
Blogger Radish King said...

I agree! My room the kitchen need it too beautiful white paint so much of my art is in storage worth it. I have already picked out the color. It’s Silent White dear bog.

December 8, 2019 at 9:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home