Saturday, November 30, 2019



I am done with Thanksgiving it is too much of too much I have pared my life too much to enjoy that kind of laden and the stress historically surrounding excess I will still bake I will still revel in my garden I will still eat creamy dangerous foods and my own ridiculous cakes but not all at one time not all on the same day I have only one person in my family now and I have long ago convinced my son that too much Christmas dinner was too much and if he wants to go to his father’s or his aunts to celebrate TG I am A Okay with that and I know his dad would love to see him I didn’t even eat dinner this year I just moved it around my plate like a recalcitrant child forced to eat peas I didn’t eat it last year either or the year before all I could think about this time was how much I wanted to take some of my own garden minestrone out of the freezer and eat it in my bee bowl


one thing I’ve done over the past year is stop using Amazon period I eventually discovered that I could find everything I couldn’t buy out here directly from the retailers I just had to time my purchases for a bit of a wait and the instant satisfaction of overnight delivery sorted itself out

the factory conditions at Amazon bothered me a great deal because I worked in those exact shitty conditions for years at The Big Airplane Factory even including the timed bathroom breaks but mostly it was random cars no longer Amazon marked vehicles driving up my road at random hours sometimes very young high school kids as one hopped out to deliver a package while the other got high in the car and after they dropped the package on my porch they took a photo of it on their phones to prove it was there and sent it to me

don’t think I’ve become all anti capitalism especially since I’m going to get my son’s iPhone today to hop on the dreaded shopping day leftover deal and also yesterday I bought my longed for cashmere sweater from Macy’s online marked down from $189.00 to $39.00 and I am way too pleased with myself about that

good morning Darklings it’s 28 degrees here and I’m heading out into the real world then I will become animal again at the beach

1 Comments:

Blogger Ms. Moon said...

I just got back from the real world and now everything about my house and my yard and this day please me even more. I'm going to put away the groceries and then go back out to the garden. It is the most beautiful day. I wish you could pop in for a visit.
I hear you about the eating all the foods thing. I enjoyed our soup and bread so much last night. And after baking three pies, I have not had enough of any of them to add up to one piece. But I will say this- using maple syrup and honey instead of corn syrup is a very fine thing to do. Wish I'd figured that out a long time ago.

November 30, 2019 at 10:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home