Tuesday, January 3, 2017

the snow geese that were lounging about in the field right before the Snohomish River bridge have moved  a mile away from Summer's End yesterday I almost drove into their new field because I was watching them fly in formation right above my car a white sleek swift moving cloud breathless

also there are five horses and a llama just down the road the llama mostly hangs out with a young palomino but sometimes the palomino ignores the llama and then the llama stands sentry at the edge of the fence looking lonely and kind of sad

wild gangs of chickens continue to roam the island like they think they live in Key West they are funny and random and they might be hiding switchblades and chains in their feathers ready to rumble at a moment's notice

next installment: The Death Tree and a definition of crazy


5 Comments:

Blogger Elle Clancy said...

Just catching up on my blog reading...your new home and its surroundings sound absolutely lovely. I am so sorry, though, about Little Bear. I am sure someone else has already suggested this but put some of your things out on the porch (that smell like you) and his food, blanket, etc. I volunteer w/an shelter and that is what we always suggest for pets that wander off/run. Just the scent sometimes is enough to draw them back...I will be keeping my fingers crossed for you both.

January 3, 2017 at 7:08 AM  
Blogger Radish King said...

Hi Elle! Welcome to a brand new year. I have left Little Bear's most beloved blanket on the porch along with a bowl of water that I refresh every day. I was leaving food out for him until I encountered an opossum helping himself to it. Thank you. xo

January 3, 2017 at 7:43 AM  
Blogger 37paddington said...

you now live in a magical place. i love that picture of your son at the water's edge. and what you said about the chickens made me laugh. i could just see them, as if they own the place, which maybe they do.

January 3, 2017 at 10:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The chicken version of the sharks and jets. There is an official chicken catcher in Key West but don't think they've managed to catch a single one. It's pretty comical watching him try.
Xoxo
Barbara

January 4, 2017 at 4:46 AM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

I remember a llama hung out in the field across from Hedgebrook. And then there was this spit of land that crossed the tidal flats -- I can't remember what it was called, but it was on the right and just after a street called Crow Haven. I love thinking of you in that beautiful place. I hope to see you there some day.

January 4, 2017 at 9:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home