Friday, March 31, 2017

this morning I sat on the deck and drank a cup of tea in my nightgown and my fancy pink wool coat finally tea on the deck for the first time
amazing
the birdsong was astounding
I discovered an ornamental cherry tree I think it's a Kwanzan but I have to let it flower out before I can identify it for sure right now there are soft purplish-pink petals on it there are red leaves on my Japanese maple little white flowers below the deck and purple wood violets all over the forest floor
there were five bunnies frolicking near the deer path I had to hold very still to see them at first I thought they were giant squirrels thank The Animal Gods for my binoculars which travel everywhere with me these days
yesterday I vomited hard 20 ounces worth in one of those blue measurable hospital puke bags it was pretty serious I think I vomited stuff that had been in me since 1971 as well as the phenergan which Jackson (my new doctor is named Jackson first name and he told me to call him Jackson not doctor anything) prescribed for me since the zofran was not working
obviously not working
there is a black bear on my island named Cody I did not name him I hope he visits I have a picture of him that I will scan as soon as I can
I visit the buffalos every day now on my way to the beach it is so nice to have actual buffalos as neighbors instead of the horrible people buffalos who were my last neighbors

FROLICKING BUNNIES OH MY HECK CAN YOU BELIEVE IT?!?!?

my son is on his way here I asked him if he could drive me to La Conner to see if the tulips are blooming I think the tulip festival starts tomorrow but I may have dreamed that

I'm going to get dressed in actual clothes now then lie down and concentrate on keeping my yogurt in

Happy Friday Darklings I believe hope is in the air

LOVE

7 Comments:

Blogger Ms. Moon said...

I was just going to say- how much better than the horrible buffalo family you used to live next door to but then you said it.
Frolicking bunnies. No. Can't be. But of course it is. And there you are- seeing that.
May your yogurt stay in.

March 31, 2017 at 11:30 AM  
Blogger liv said...

Sounds beautiful, except of course for the puking part - sorry about that.
One new discovery every day, it sounds like. Summer is going to mind blowing beautiful for you.

March 31, 2017 at 11:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jackson sounds like an improvement. Praying that he finds the magic pill. I love picturing you in your pink coat enjoying the spring flowers.
Xoxo
Barbara
P.s. love the header!

March 31, 2017 at 2:06 PM  
Blogger Elsewhere said...

bunnies, ofcourse!

April 1, 2017 at 4:32 AM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

I love everything about this post. And I hope you kept the yogurt in. Cody? Who did name the bear? And may he visit you soon.

April 1, 2017 at 9:23 AM  
Blogger margaret said...

oooooo Rebecca..the grandprince animal god on your island...we have his cousin here.....they will keep us both safe from harm. xoxo

April 1, 2017 at 10:02 PM  
Blogger Supervillainess said...

Sometimes on bad days (I don't have pancreatitis, other allergy-related stomach stuff) I take a bit of promethatize and THEN zofran. Sometimes the double hit works better than one at a time. I have been assured they don't interact. Glad you got a new doctor named Jackson. Sounds like a General Hospital doctor. Do you remember the classic episode where the woman in the nightgown was told she had a "hiatus hernia" and she would be fed a special diet and kept in the hospital for three weeks to ease stress? Ah, for those days...
Your surroundings sound deeelightful. We are putting in a baby cherry tree on Friday as the old one here perished. We are seeing lots of deer (who try to eat out plants) as well as very large healthy rabbits (very different large rabbits! like story-time rabbits) and much more birdsong in the last week than the last six months combined.

April 5, 2017 at 4:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home