Thursday, April 6, 2017

Dear Darklings,

I want to answer each of your comments but you fly in so swiftly then I think I can sit up then I puke and tire and yet I spent the past three days putting my library together I only have three boxes of books left I had to lie down about halfway through each box exhausted with dusting and absolutely zero arranging happened with the exception of my children's books which have their own smaller (63 inches tall) shelf which looks so happy in the pink and green library which I decided to keep pink and green because they are both colors I adore


here is the window that was not going to be a bookshelf but now is (I need to buy two more large bookcases but this month I paid taxes on the house and bought a chainsaw so the bookcases will wait or I will find them with a FREE sign on them in a stranger's yard) with a macaroni and toy necklace my son made when he was three in daycare on the left and on the other side is the stuffed satin Sufi heart I made when I lived on the mountains that I've held onto for all these years (just a few scant years later I got that heart tattooed on my back but that is another post except for the fact that when I was recently in hospital one of the very young nurses asked WHEN DID YOU GET THAT TATTOO? and I answered 1907 because no one got tattoos when I actually got that tattoo and I really think that most youngsters these days getting heavily tattooed don't think of how that tattoo will age as their bodies age I guess most youngsters don't actually believe they'll age at all) and a small painting by Angela Simione but I digress much better than I digest

this is a fuzzy photo of the large trio of bookcases on the north side of the room my books are just up there helter skelter along with the actual book Helter Skelter but I feel so much more normal (okay go ahead and laugh I know I did) the only arranged books at all are the top shelf of the middle bookcase where all my Bukowski books (all of them that were ever written) and subsequent Bukowski materials including three comic books illustrated by Robert Crumb I still believe Buk was one of the finest short story writers of the 20th century and I believe this will eventually be discovered by all the snoot nose bluestockings who consider Bukowski a homeless drunk when in fact he worked harder at the writing business from the dirt up that any writer I know of

my art supplies are in the box on my little table that is blocking the photo my large easel is in the open closet that I have yet to photograph

*

my son is still here so he drove me to DOGNURSE today which was a whole stress thing for me and tomorrow he is leaving for the orchard and I am thankful and I am grateful for his stewardship and parenting of me something he thinks I need and I probably do and now I hurt my stomach hurts from being upright too much today


LOVE


6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love to you. How I would love to explore your bookshelves! Go slowly and rest when you need to. Wishing you strength.
Xoxo
Barbara

April 6, 2017 at 5:46 PM  
Blogger Radish King said...

Barbara your sweet bunny arove in today's mail! I have to admit my books are glorious diverse and range from art books to Bibles to cookbooks and everything in between. My grandfather taught me to read far and wide. Did you see the gorgeous mosaic box you sent me? It's on the very top shelf and holds the Tarot decks I use most often.Love

April 6, 2017 at 6:12 PM  
Blogger Ms. Moon said...

So much love. Here to there and everywhere.
Yes, you.

April 6, 2017 at 6:26 PM  
Blogger Radish King said...

I can't wait to get outside and dig in the dirt!

April 6, 2017 at 6:32 PM  
Blogger 37paddington said...

Love.

April 6, 2017 at 8:05 PM  
Blogger margaret said...

I love to see photos of your interiors and garden Rebecca....it makes me imagine how stunningly beautiful your soul's interior is....let's imagine your pancreas surrounded by all your animal gods licking it clean and keeping it healthy. xoxo

April 8, 2017 at 6:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home