Sunday, June 18, 2017

In the black tail forest with Jupiter ascending

I had one night a few nights ago where I thought I could not sleep because electricity was jaggering through my brain on fire with images that passed through like lucid dreams but more real and when I woke I felt that I was never asleep though I was not tired

the next morning my son called and told me that he dreamed that I had died that I coughed and when he came into my room I was dead just.like.that.

thankfully I did not die

I have not been leaving the house because I am unsure if the mania has passed and if I leave the house with my little debit card I might get myself into trouble when my son is home I give the card to him during times of mania I have everything I need toilet paper fruit my own biscuits though I could use some spaghetti noodles since I've been making marinara all day today cooking it down adding stock cooking it further down adding stock making it rich and delicious I had a tiny bowl of just marinara for lunch yum

I go to the beach every day this morning I went to County Ark (the P fell off all the Park signs there) and this is how it looked rainy and cold or I was cold in my peachy striped shorts and pink sweater and bedroom slippers which is how I am dressing now that I have retired my Christmas nightie for the summer


















yesterday I unpacked the LAST BOX which in fact was the last box I packed when I left the old house it was a hurried packing tossing of all my old dishes and silverware and three kitchen junk drawers I whittled it down to two tiny Rubbermaid boxes with lids that will go into the library now I am officially unpacked finally in five days I will have been here six months the time has swept by so fast I think because there is no worry and stress with which to measure my days it hasn't stopped raining this week so I pull easy weeds out of my garden fling slugs with joyful abandon play with Jupiter here she is after leaving the kitchen sink after putting her actual mouth on the faucet (clearly I am still not over this weirdness) and I'm pretty sure once I post this no one will ever want to come to dinner though I wash my counters religiously


















the deer are plentiful in my forest here everyday now and they love to pose for photos



















the bunnies too delight in my tender pink roses


















and this very fat bird who bathes with gusto knocking the smaller birds right out of the bath under the watchful eyes of St. Frankie
























once again I have posted too many photos but it's still hard to think and my insides are vibrating in a strange way but I have not been stomach sick in a week and I believe I've gained maybe six pounds or so I'm afraid to look at the scales but so what so what so what I can still wear my mango swim suit and swim in the lake

that's it from Summer's End where the poppies are springing up and the radishes have been ravished by bunnies and I have baby tomatoes and Marylinn Magnolia has sprung from one branch to fifteen in a spectacular display of joy and Figgy Pudding is still one thin stalk with insanely huge leaves unfolding in its top

this week I binge-watched Orange is the New Black around the middle I decided it was crap but it pulled itself together with some memorable performances and a solid story line at the end and made me weep today I am binge watching American Gods they are playing the entire season on Starz or whatever station that is such beautiful story telling with the same cinematographer who filmed Hannibal such dreamy beauty

I have to go stir the kettle of sauce the day pines away I miss the father I wished I had had

Love

8 Comments:

Blogger Ms. Moon said...

Love. Keep on. The news is welcome. The pictures divine.

June 18, 2017 at 5:21 PM  
Blogger Radish King said...

Ah I sure wish I was a photographer. I cannot do justice to this place. Do you want to stay here in October when I leave for NY? Something to dream about.

June 18, 2017 at 5:51 PM  
Blogger Elle Clancy said...

Your home looks like heaven. And to go to the beach every day would make it even better.

June 19, 2017 at 5:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How divine your corner of the goal world is and filled with animal gods. Your card was perfect in every way, right down to the stamps. Thank you dear poet! Still hurts like the dickens but building left handed typing skills. Don't know how you managed both at once. Sending love.
Xoxo
Barbara

June 19, 2017 at 11:08 AM  
Blogger Radish King said...

Dear The Rabbit Lady, last night I discovered how much bunnies like cut up apples. Especially honey crisp! This morning as I was walking out to talk to Marylinn Magnolia I almost tripped over a bunny who was heading for my son's prize roses. Sorry bunny! Ah it really is heaven here. This morning the beach was dark and foggy and smelled of the most mysterious and delicious deep. xoxox

June 19, 2017 at 11:31 AM  
Blogger Radish King said...

Barbara, it IS divine. Thinking of you every day for swift healing. So GD many nerve endings in our hands and feet. I had my hands done one at a time the left first then the right as soon as the left cast came off. Sending love back. xox

June 19, 2017 at 11:32 AM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Hey there. I love all the photos and all your words and the thought and image of you, puttering around your beautiful house and garden. I wish that Carl and I could have visited Whidbey on our recent trip up that way, but we didn't know the logistics and it never happened. I thought of you every day on my walks in Victoria and at Port Angeles. I miss you.

June 19, 2017 at 11:33 AM  
Blogger Radish King said...

Dearest Elizabeth, I keep imagining you and Carl here knowing we are sharing the same weather patterns the same sky the same ocean. I feel you are here even though you are not here. Love to you both thinking of you inside this morning's delicious fog.
xoxox

June 19, 2017 at 12:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home