Monday, June 12, 2017

How I spent my summer vacation pt. 3

I have been thinking a lot about POETRYWORLD lately maybe because I have a book ready to fly out into the world maybe because I have been offline more than on maybe because I am so tired very very tired of my Twitter feed which is full of poets promoting their work and announcing their publications no matter how tiny and these are poets I've known forever why the urge to keep publishing even their weakest work in the crappiest journals I have lost that urge but not the desire to write no not one bit but the desire to work in isolation grows and grows and I believe I am in the perfect place mentally spiritually and physically to write another novel then the publishing work will begin again mostly I'm thinking that all that poet exposure online can be a hindrance especially when I see poets writing the same work over and over and over and over and over etc I remember being a single mother living in a tiny house near green lake on Aurora typing on an actual typewriter late into the night having only books to guide me no schooling no teachers no Poets Laureates and how it was then alone with it without all the chatter the noise the LOOKIT ME! LOOKIT ME! and I have been the LOOKIT ME! girl but I have outgrown it that's what I'm thinking about that and my dinner which is almost ready which is frozen goddamn jalapeno poppers and some home made bleu cheese dressing in which to dip

hello 

2 Comments:

Blogger Pamela Johnson Parker said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

June 17, 2017 at 7:55 AM  
Blogger Pamela Johnson Parker said...

Your book will rock poetry world to its cratery core. XOXOXO. I finished my Harv book so now I am doing something completely different. As always you inspire me. (Took the commas out. <3)

June 17, 2017 at 7:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home