Thursday, May 25, 2017

winding sheets

yesterday I planted Marylinn Magnolia it is not the largest tree I've ever planted but it was huge and my yard aka The Forest is full of rocks and roots and rich loamy soil and it took me hours to dig the hole resting in between shoveling but she is happy and thriving this photo is crap as are most of my photos this one especially because I took it from the deck before I walked down the hill to water her thus the arrow
























I spend my days outside gardening watching the birds and deer and bunnies and butterflies and bees or inside in bed wrapped as tightly as possible in my blankets crying I eat the same thing everyday hummus on a single serving friend pita for breakfast an apple peeled and cut into slices then sprinkled with kosher salt then dipped into low sodium peanut butter (yes I think it's funny too) and black bean huevos rancheros for dinner in fact I'm cooking black beans right now since I ran out last night I did however start up the grill and cooked some fresh corn and later maybe tonight I'm going to make some fry bread and then put some rocket and olive oil and red pepper flakes on it and heat it in the oven then heat up the corn and eat it all with a ripe burrata a meal I have been craving since I had it on my first day in NY last August the rest of the time I play with Jupiter our play includes me running through the house with Jupiter winding in and out between my legs trying to trip me up so I fall and break my neck then she can eat my body in her tidy killer way or we play hide and seek she is a good hider as you can see 
























sometimes she hides in plain sight













she likes to drink from the faucet the one in the master bathroom and the kitchen faucet as well I turn on the spigot and she dips her dainty paw in then licks the water off her paw























it's probably a good thing I don't have grandchildren the photo bombling would never end which reminds me The Surfer is in Montana and he doesn't know that I cut up the tree that was fallen in the front yard aka The Forest when I bought the house and a fallen tree in your yard might seem odd but this is The Forest and this is not the first fallen tree I've slaughtered here ain't that a beautiful stack of wood? 
























this morning I watered the garden and Figgy Pudding and Marylinn Magnolia and the bower which now looks like this then I assembled an on-the-fly clothes line and washed my bedclothes including the duvet cover and hung them outside in the honest to bog sun and this all of this is why I'm not writing here much it's all so pedestrian and boring but I am pure inside it though I may or may not have broken my wedding ringless toe this morning while running through the house with Jupiter it hurts like a son of a bitch and is quickly turning purple


















oh and I got a haircut here I am in B/W and look! I finally ditched my Christmas nightgown and put on a summer dress I made the photo B/W so you can't easily see the capillaries that have exploded on my face from puking which I haven't done in at least a week (my high fiber diet likes to stay in even the eggs for dinner good farm fresh eggs that I buy from Sharran the lady with the sick horse $3 for a dozen)
























that's it for now Darklings I think I need to put my foot up love and kisses from Summer's End

7 Comments:

Blogger Ms. Moon said...

Well, if your life is boring and mundane, mine is too because what you described is pretty much how I live except I do not have the stomach problems and I haven't been crying too much lately. Your plants and forest and wood pile and all of it are beautiful, Rebecca. And so are you.

May 25, 2017 at 1:38 PM  
Blogger Radish King said...

I have planted peas and three kinds of radishes tomatoes of course little pickle cukes and giant sunflowers in front of the house after I cleared out the weeds that were growing against the already there trellis. I think of you always in your corner when I play in the dirt as we do on our opposite corners. It makes me happy to think that you might be doing what I'm doing at the exact same moment. xxooxx

May 25, 2017 at 2:19 PM  
Blogger 37paddington said...

None of this is boring. Not one word. I love hearing it and picturing you swapping the Christmas nightgown for a sundress flowing behind you as you sail through the house with Jupiter on your heels. And that forest garden is coming along beautifully.

May 25, 2017 at 8:07 PM  
Blogger Radish King said...

Dear R, oh you came back you came back! It will take so much planning and hard muscle work to add bits of color in the green while maintaining The Forest itself allowing it its wild. Necessary for the land necessary for me. I do love running my little chainsaw.
Love
R

May 25, 2017 at 8:27 PM  
Blogger Elle Clancy said...

There is nothing like drying clothes outside, especially bedsheets and covers. Reminds me of my great-grandmother. She would have sooner died than put things like that in a dryer.

Your flowers are beautiful!

May 26, 2017 at 5:45 AM  
Blogger Ms. Moon said...

I just spent almost the entire day outside and it was glorious! I hope you did too, my love.

May 26, 2017 at 1:59 PM  
Blogger na said...

Moi cat Missy Scarlet also loves to drink from faucets!

June 1, 2017 at 7:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home