Wednesday, May 17, 2017

depressed and happy at the same time
I planted the bower in mid-April right before I went to the hospital and now it looks glorious in its rich mink collar
I'm cooking even more black beans they are happy to live in me in spite of me farting so much my nightgown balloons out in back like a circus trick when I get up or run etc

I built this thing using the directions for about six seconds I do much better intuitively I still don't understand the "cup holder" which is simply a piece of bent wire and I mantled then dismantled the warming rack which I think is where you are supposed to let your "meat rest" which my bean burgers do not require
























I planted my sedums and some other stuff and stuck it in front of The Surfer's window because the rain would not stop though it has now and I'm typing this on the deck in a sweatshirt and my men's pajama bottoms from Sears
























I also planted three of my tomato starts which were getting so big they almost have flowers they're not interesting enough for a photo yet

I locked myself out of the house this morning and had to remember under which tree I had planted my spare key it was this one
























this is what my kitchen table looked like after I went to the farmers market I bought the fruit at the Duck Blood store in the city this photo makes me want to cry it is so full of riches including the table itself




















it's hard to write and my stomach still bothers and aches and hurts though I take zofran every day now for nausea

I am utterly happy and also depressed and probably skimming the edge of mania I wish you could all hear the birds out here

Love

7 Comments:

Blogger Ms. Moon said...

Isn't it a miracle to be able to get your hands in the dirt and know that what you plant is truly yours for as long as you want it? YOUR dirt, YOUR house, YOUR table, YOUR butter dish, your melons and tomatoes. YOUR rain, too. All of this makes me happy to think about.
I am glad you can at least eat black beans. Try not to run in public.

May 17, 2017 at 11:08 AM  
Blogger carolyn said...

It makes me so happy to think of you in your own beautiful home with all the food you want. I wish I could hear your birds also. I love the PNW, I lived in Edmonds for several years and wish I still did.

May 17, 2017 at 1:05 PM  
Blogger Joanne said...

I have this image now of your nightgown billowing out behind you! I'm glad your tummy tolerates beans tho. I love you for your appreciation of everything��

May 17, 2017 at 3:01 PM  
Blogger 37paddington said...

gorgeous header, gorgeous tree, gorgeous table. you're making magic out there in them thar woods.

May 17, 2017 at 3:32 PM  
Blogger liv said...

It's all so beautiful! You are going to be a dynamo chef on that thing, everything you cook now looks divine - adding smoke is so much fun.
Maybe you can billow that thing out so far you can fly..Ha!
And PS: you have a little "shed", what magical thing do you use it for?

May 17, 2017 at 3:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your bower is glorious! Glad you are finding the joy despite the pain. Much love.
Xoxo
Barbara

May 17, 2017 at 4:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahh Rebecca.. I miss you. Your place looks like Heaven. I am happy for you (on your good days) And so sorry to hear of the bad ones. Pretend we are singing a duet. How about Green Acres? Ha ha.. We made a good team. Hope you feel better and stay that way soon.. Tina Bo Bina

May 18, 2017 at 11:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home