Saturday, May 13, 2017

I just bent over to get the plastic wrap out of the bottom clappboard and I literally yelped and Jupiter came running in and skidded on her butt so quick was she to see if I had finally caught a mouse then I bent over to put the dishes in the dishwasher and yelped in pain again (this is good pain the kind you get from lifting manly trees into and out of your car then carrying manly trees into the back forty etc)

I forgot to write about watching Jupiter catch a mouse in the house I woke to a soft batting sound and turned on my little bedside light and there was Jupiter playing with a tiny mouse batting it around flipping it up in the air then catching mouse on the way down and Jupiter was in full joy mode and mouse made a sound that an extremely sharp #2 Ticonderoga pencil tip might make had it a voice

I ran for the friendly mouse trap and put it in the bathroom and shut the door and mouse climbed right in and I released her into the wild (across the street where it is so wild you'll sink in a pond if you aren't careful have I mentioned that this entire island is a protected water land?) I probably wrote that incorrectly but be careful where you step!

after which I rewarded Jupiter by letting her sleep on my face and kiss me with her mousy breath she was spectacular

4 Comments:

Blogger Elsewhere said...

... and the mice stepped right in ...

Rebecca! Woman after my heart!

May 14, 2017 at 12:25 AM  
Blogger Elsewhere said...

mOUse

May 14, 2017 at 12:25 AM  
Blogger Elsewhere said...

mOUSe

May 14, 2017 at 12:25 AM  
Blogger Elsewhere said...

... sigh ...

May 14, 2017 at 12:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home