Sunday, April 23, 2017

Sunday edition

I have been sick (again) for a while it feels like forever I have been flat in bed with Jupiter playing around me or sleeping in my armpit or talktalktalk talking she is a very talkative young cat she is no longer sequestered all the time now I take turns letting The Evil Orlando have the run of the house then Jupiter gets the run of the house and Orlando gets sequestered etc. and for a kitty who just got spayed and vaccinated and had a chip implanted and a broken hip then had to live in an animal shelter she is feisty and good-hearted and she adores TEO and has acknowledged TEO's dominance even though Jupiter is twice Orlando's size they have sniffed each other and touched noses but Orlando only has about ten seconds of Jesus love in her heart when it comes to Jupiter but this is easy going and I think in another week they will exist side by side then they will be friends Orlando has always had a companion cat

Jupiter chose my market basket for her kitty bed though I bought her a fluffy kitty bed which she ignores she drinks out of the tub and and and




she's a mouser
yes


when I first had this house appraised I asked the appraiser if there were any rodents in the crawl space under the house and he said rather snootily you realize you're living in the forest right? and I was schooled I have caught two in mouse friendly cages and released them into the woods Jupiter is less kind and much more efficient and I praised her for (oddly to me for a second) howling and stalking the cupboard in my bathroom and then she dispatched mouse with the precision of a Celebrity Chef and that was that

she is friendly and sweet and loves my son and me equally

this morning I was able to eat some yogurt then I went out to the deck in my nightgown armed with a toothbrush and some clean water and I scrubbed the bird bath and thanked St. Francis and then I came back in the house and baked an herbed omelette with goat cheese five eggs and cream and gruyere for my son's Sunday visit



now I'm wiped out (again) and weak and stupid and must take to my bed like a flaky Victorian dowager

LOVES

6 Comments:

Blogger liv said...

Drat that pesky thing that takes you down!
I hope you were able to eat some of what sounds like the best omelette ever. When I come to visit let's make one and have fresh strawberries!...I'll bring :)

There will be no shortage of cuddles whilst in your cozy bed with your dearest friends as co-bedders. Surely that will speed relief - I hope.
Feel better soon xo

April 23, 2017 at 1:11 PM  
Blogger Ms. Moon said...

Having a cat around is good comfort, especially a talky one. Here's hoping that she and Orlando make friends soon and even more hoping that you feel better, Rebecca. I miss you when you're laid low.

April 23, 2017 at 2:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so happy you have Ms. Jupiter to love and protect you. Hope your strength returns but until then, bed is a good place to be. Love
Xoxo
Barbara

April 23, 2017 at 5:35 PM  
Blogger 37paddington said...

So glad Jupiter is now part of your household, and a mouser is a good protector to have in the forest. I hope you feel better soon. Love

April 24, 2017 at 8:31 AM  
Blogger LKD said...

She's a mouser with killing skills. This is a good thing if you have a healthy respect for the circle of life and the reality of rodents in your abode. Elmo was a stone cold killer of chipmunks. He liked to play hackysack, or his variation thereof, with the chippers after they were dead. (there is nothing quite like watching your cat fling a dead chipmunk high up into the air...)

April 24, 2017 at 1:36 PM  
Blogger LKD said...

She's a mouser with killing skills. This is a good thing if you have a healthy respect for the circle of life and the reality of rodents in your abode. Elmo was a stone cold killer of chipmunks. He liked to play hackysack, or his variation thereof, with the chippers after they were dead. (there is nothing quite like watching your cat fling a dead chipmunk high up into the air...)

April 24, 2017 at 1:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home