Thursday, April 6, 2017

Pee Ess

I meant to write about how ungrounded I felt in this house until finally finally I was able to unearth my books my constant companions and champions through the sum of my years that until yesterday I felt I was living in a hotel even as I love this house this land I needed my familiar landscapes that particular smell that beloved books give to a room the knowledge contained therein books old and still unread beloved with skin thin pages and stains and broken spines the library of my heart

5 Comments:

Blogger Ms. Moon said...

Well, absolutely and of course. This is the way of it for us.

April 6, 2017 at 6:27 PM  
Blogger Radish King said...

Some of us oh yes.

April 6, 2017 at 6:31 PM  
Blogger 37paddington said...

I understand this.

April 6, 2017 at 8:07 PM  
Anonymous Ashley said...

Dear Rebecca,

I am about to sell my house to someone who wants the space, filled to the brim with big furniture and fancy trimmings, and what keeps me up at night is how I will keep all.the.books when I downsize. Your library is beauty.

April 6, 2017 at 9:21 PM  
Blogger Elle Clancy said...

Glad you are getting your library together. The sight of books soothes me as well. And I agree: Bukowski is completely underrated.

April 7, 2017 at 7:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home