Friday, May 19, 2017

the day before yesterday Jupiter killed a wee mouse and I found it dashed in front of my very ancient very heavy round mirror which I have yet to hang and I buried the mouse in THE KILLING FIELDS of my forest then thanked Jupiter with my whole heart this morning she was singing her kill song and I went to the kitchen (no more bare feet when it's dark) and Jupiter was staring intently into my Wizard of Oz™ cookie jar in which I keep my cooking utensils the mouse was still alive and I carried the cookie jar to the deck and let her run away wee mouse #2 will probably come right back in tonight but it is so good to have a forest smart kitty who is proud to keep this house mouse-free and she has no interest in leaving mouse heads in my bed or anywhere for that matter

this morning I bought two fans because it's supposed to get hot
my snap dragons have sprung
I watched this deer and she watched me as I drank tea on the deck after the cookie jar caper
























here is my fig tree named Figgy Pudding it just seems a miracle that such proud leaves could appear at the end of a stick
























I puked so hard two nights ago that I broke a blood vessel under my right eye a big one hideous

I am so happy that I can't even believe it

hello Darklings I hope spring shines her savage face away from you and hurry summer

10 Comments:

Blogger Ms. Moon said...

All of it- ALL of it.
Life.
Your new header is beautiful. And I love Figgy Pudding.

May 19, 2017 at 3:09 PM  
Blogger Radish King said...

I love you Mary Moon.

May 19, 2017 at 3:18 PM  
Blogger 37paddington said...

Figgy pudding! Of course.

May 19, 2017 at 6:20 PM  
Blogger Radish King said...

Dearest R I have never got over the miracle of things growing in dirt. Every every day I go down the hill and talk to Figgy Pudding just like a crazy old woman. Joy!!!

May 19, 2017 at 7:02 PM  
Blogger Joanne said...

You live in paradise with your animal gods. I am so glad you have Jupiter. And the deer is just drawn to you. Love and kisses😝

May 19, 2017 at 8:15 PM  
Blogger liv said...

Trees are like children, and that one is the sweetest little toddler.

May 20, 2017 at 5:02 PM  
Blogger LKD said...

Despite the breaking blood vessels vomiting, I am happy that you are so happy you can't believe it.

Thank you for sharing your magical new home with us. I come here to remind myself that someday, I, too, might find my very own somewhere over the rainbow, deep in the lush woods home.

May 21, 2017 at 12:41 PM  
Blogger Radish King said...

Joanne, it really is paradise here with natural beauty and beasts and no neighbors to peek in! I have no desire to even hang curtains and in the old house I had curtains on every single window and still I felt exposed. Here I just feel at home for the second time ever in my life the first time was when I lived on the mountain with the hippies. xor

May 25, 2017 at 12:04 PM  
Blogger Radish King said...

Liv, the trees are so ALIVE here and grow so quickly they seem still then in the morning they have grown a foot! xor

May 25, 2017 at 12:04 PM  
Blogger Radish King said...

LKD, Summer's End is proof that miracles can happen. Every day I find something new for instance this morning I learned the exact intersection of the wall in the kitchen and the wall of the foyer with my poor toe! xor

May 25, 2017 at 12:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home