Monday, June 5, 2017

you know that place called Wit's End?
it's inside Summer's End
when I sit here at the grownup computer and try to put together a sentence I just can't do it
I did manage to bake the strawberry sour cream streusel cake that was in the NYT on whatever day it was in there and it was spectacular too good to pose for a photo
I dropped an entire glass pint jar of dairy fresh cream on my gorgeous kitchen floor last week or two weeks ago and I've been cleaning it ever since though today I gave up on vinegar and water and added a drop of soap even though I scrubbed it on my hands and knees nekkid whatever weekend that was where they played Harry Potter movies for 48 hours in a row and I watched all of them twice in order to avoid thinking
my garden is completely planted even the tomatoes! and I have radishes! and poppies! and flowers! when I moved in here there was only green on green on green
I have not been sick for two days yesterday and today

here are some flowers I picked from my yard after I was deadheading the orange carnations and accidentally snipped the tender pad of my fuck you finger with my garden sheers it bled like a motherfucker and I dumped rubbing alcohol on it then slathered it with liquid skin that I believe is actually nail polish except it peels off easier

flowers in the living room including the most amazing pink poppies that came in a mix packet of wild flowers and some pretty yellow weeds
























bamboo and basil in the kitchen and the well established peonies that I dug up from my forlorn garden in the old house in the dead of winter and transplanted here thinking they'd never thrive


















lilies in the giant empty room that has no name but it has a side table full of art books and the ancient table I use for a desk and my grown up computer
flowers in the guest bathroom in the jar from which the dairy fresh cream fell
























Jupiter now weighs 400 pounds and she has stopped drinking daintily from the faucet with her paw and now she puts her mouth DIRECTLY ON THE FAUCET TO DRINK the way we used to do in gas station bathrooms on our drunken parental cross country trips to nowhere when I was a kid and water wasn't available in bottles for crap sake it is so freaky to watch this cat trick I am hard in love though it's kind of disgusting but hilarious

that's it for now boys and girls everyday I go to the beach everyday I stand on the deck in delight and I can smell salt air at low tide everyday I read (finally reading is possible again) books and your blogs

LOVE

17 Comments:

Blogger Ms. Moon said...

Whoa! That's a lot, Rebecca! You have been busy and making art of everything. Those peonies! Those lilies! I am waiting with such anticipation for my zinnias to get big enough to start blooming. I planted a row of them right between two rows of field peas. That's the only place in the yard they can get enough sun. I hope you stay not-sick forever now. You have christened your kitchen floor with dairy fresh cream and I wonder if your Jupiter licked it with great abandon. I had a cat who drank from the faucet. Her name was Polly and I loved that cat. She had long gray hair, soft as can be and made the tiniest meep sound instead of a meow.
Can I correct one thing you said?
You certainly can put together a sentence. Yes. You can.

June 5, 2017 at 2:34 PM  
Blogger Radish King said...

Mary I think of you every single morning yours is the first web page I open and I think of you in your garden when I am in my garden I believe we are gardening in tandem once back in the Olden Days when I was friends with Susan E. Butler (she who dumped me like last week's garbage do you remember that? making friends is so hard for me that I literally had to go into therapy for a while to get over her) came over looked at the garden I made thrive in rock and clay and she said "wow you're a real gardener" and it was one of the nicest things anyone has ever said to me. Thank you for writing that I can still wrangle a sentence. Most days I'm as content to play outside and in as Jupiter and I think of posting then I look outside and I don't think of it again.
Love

June 5, 2017 at 2:55 PM  
Blogger Radish King said...

ps. Cats can't digest cream so no kitties got to drink though they both wanted some!

June 5, 2017 at 2:57 PM  
Blogger Pam said...

Your flowers are incredible. They look like stanzas or prose poems. I can smell your ocean too. xoxo

June 5, 2017 at 3:57 PM  
Blogger 37paddington said...

Oh my god i love this post, the flowers, Jupiter, the cream on the kitchen floor, the beach, the salty air, the flowers, the flowers, the flowers. This post makes me happy. And love back to you. In capital letters, because I mean it hard. LOVE.

June 5, 2017 at 4:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hooray for not being sick! Hooray for everything good and sweet in your life. I so wish I could grow peonies and lilacs, my favorite blooms. I had a faucet drinker too. I got one of those fountain type water dishes. Hope the no sickness streak continues. Love to you and Jupiter.
Xoxo
Barbara

June 5, 2017 at 5:03 PM  
Blogger Radish King said...

Pam, thank you. I'm not allowed to pick my son's roses but I have always preferred peonies because they still carry a heady scent inside their petals. And earwigs. What the heck is the deal with peonies and earwigs anyway? I think maybe a reminder of nature's duality. Oh the salt air is poofing my hair and smoothing my skin. XO

June 5, 2017 at 5:18 PM  
Blogger Radish King said...

R, LOVE to you. I think of you every day, your brave heart strong and true. You are the reason your children are so kind a successful and beautiful in the spirit. Everyday everyday. XO

June 5, 2017 at 5:20 PM  
Blogger Radish King said...

Barbara, I would so love one of those fountain water dishes. I will check them out. Jupiter would love it. Cats are so dainty and specific and unintentionally cruel and pure. I have lived with them my entire life. Though I sure would love a wee goat. I had one once back in my hippie days. Her name was baby and I made her a pink rhinestone collar. She was highly intelligent and loyal. Ah me alone in the Animal Kingdom where I grow less human as the weeks pass. XO

June 5, 2017 at 5:25 PM  
Blogger Ramona Quimby said...

I have seen your name over on Mary's blogs for ever, and just now ventured over here and I am floored. So glad I found this part of interwebspace and your words. xoxo

June 5, 2017 at 7:39 PM  
Blogger liv said...

Honey, there is so much beauty there, and most of it you have created with your two little hard working hands.
Thanks for bringing it here and sharing. I needed to see all of that today - it gave me a bit of hope xoxoxo

June 5, 2017 at 7:48 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

I'm dying that you actually dug up the peonies and replanted them and they look like that! That pink! I'm a little gonzo over peonies these days, although I have to purchase them for $6.99 at Trader Joe's. I've bought six bunches so far, and I'm not peonied out. I will be up near you on Wednesday morning, onward to Port Angeles to Heather's and then to Victoria. I don't know if I can make it to Whidbey.

June 5, 2017 at 10:41 PM  
Blogger Joanne said...

Two days of not being sick!!!!!!!!! I'm thrilled to hear that and pray to the animal Gods that continues. Love you!

June 7, 2017 at 12:40 PM  
Blogger Radish King said...

Ramona Quimby, heroine of some of my favorite childrens' books! Hello and welcome to Summer's End, home of bunnies cats deer trees and one solitary wild old woman. I'm glad you found us all. I hope you come back to visit again. Rebecca

June 8, 2017 at 6:13 AM  
Blogger Radish King said...

Liv, I am sending all kinds of hope and calm and adventure your way. I wish you a peaceful heart and tenderness in what seems like a difficult time for you. We are alike in that we pull away when things get hard. I do understand. Take care of yourself my friend.

June 8, 2017 at 6:15 AM  
Blogger Radish King said...

Elizabeth, I dug up all the perennials I had planted over the years in that yard because I worked so hard to keep them alive. And myself alive. I am delighted that they are thriving here. I thought of you all day yesterday knowing you were close. I'm so sorry I didn't get to meet you in person. I see that we have our typical weather today after yesterday's heat and blue. I love the mist and rain and clouds though. Enjoy Heather give her my most sincere regards and have fun on the clipper unless you're driving. xoxox

June 8, 2017 at 6:19 AM  
Blogger Radish King said...

Joanne, three days now with no nausea and again this morning I am drinking black as the sea lion caves coffee and sitting up! Hurray and love to you from Summer's End and my heart.

June 8, 2017 at 6:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home