Sunday, June 11, 2017

Dear Darklings,

this morning I baked a cake watered the garden gracefully flang a pekingese-sized slug who was inching its way toward my tomatoes into the primeval forest with two sticks fed the cats let Jupiter drink from the faucet which never fails to make me snorkle with glee and cleaned up after myself getting the entire left sleeve of my t-shirt wet in the process

here is a photo of the cake which is another strawberry streusel because 1. strawberries and 2. baking this bounty of food is still remarkable to me so many years of hungry of not none and nothing the eggs are $3 eggs from Blackdog Farm's Roadside Produce Stand you put the money in a locked box with a hole in it and take the eggs from a cooler the little produce stand is on my way home when I go into town and the eggs make me envy Mary Moon with her vixen hens and brave roosters oh! the bright orange yolks!


















here is a close-up of my Tim Burton cake stand also mango nipples


















my trip to Seattle on Thursday was stressful I had a panicattackoutofnowhere and I told my son in case he thought I was about to explode or something I have to say I hate admitting them to him it makes him worry but I need to keep honest I also have to say that his driving makes me crazy(ier) he is a soft spoken strong kind young man who only shows his aggressive nature in his giant truck so when I ride with him I'm always gripping my seat as though I'm about to fly through his windshield I wanted to have lunch at Bengal Tiger as I always do and he wanted to have breakfast for lunch at Shay's which is a sleazy cafe on Aurora with truly spectacular omelets he won and I pouted as I am sincerely tired of the City so very tired and as soon as we hit the freeway I was missing the island

yesterday on my way to town (I did not take my gun to town) I stopped at Dahlia's Vintage Marketplace which was having an outside flea market and I went inside (honestly I thought I could steal some of her fragrant yellow roses) and in the far corner of the house I discovered an antique hutch which was painted olive green with milk-paint at some point the hutch has glass doors shelves a hidden desk on two fine chains and a secret drawer that opens to a stand on which to hold an open book and I right away put $100 down on it and will pay the rest on payday it is an expensive piece for me ($200) but it is in gorgeous shape and will look perfect in my pale pink and pale green library OH! oh oh oh I left without pinching a rose I am trying not to go back to look at it once I get it home I'll take a photo SO MUCH BETTER THAN A CRAP BOOKSHELF FROM OFFICE DEPOT THAT I HAVE TO PIECE TOGETHER though I'll still need a couple of those though I keep my eyes open for barn sale and garage sale shelves

this morning I got out of my car and took a photo of Brenda the buffalo who lives down the street the water is glassy and amazing today the sun is out etc


















here is Jupiter pretending to be a Sphinx admiring the stone(rubber) pavers I am slowly installing (they're expensive) to make an easy path to my garden I should have swept them before I took this snap of my brilliant kitty but she looked so regal!


















here is how she usually looks


















what I'm reading:
The Descent Of Man by Grayson Perry
Revolution by Russell Brand
buck studies by Douglas Kearney

what I'm watching:
Twin Peaks
Orange is the New Black
American Gods
I'm Dying Up Here
Handmaid's Tale

what I'm listening to:
jagged little pill Alanis Morrisette

sorry for all the photos I post them when I am too stupid to string words together
now I'm going to go play my violin for the trees they prefer Bach

may your Sunday be filled with joy
Love,

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am picturing you playing your violin in the woods right now, the lovely notes floating through the leaves. Lucky trees! Jupiter is quite gorgeous in any pose. Glad you are enjoying life so!
Xoxo
Barbara

June 11, 2017 at 1:18 PM  
Blogger Ms. Moon said...

Yes, yes, the bright orange yolks! Oh, Rebecca I wish you could have chickens. You would love the way they go about their business ignoring the world at large, living the way they live with their own rules and regulations and politics and love affairs. I am trembling with the anticipation of seeing how each rooster handles being the head of a flock or not, how they tempt the vixen hens with tidbitting and clucks. Anyway, it gets cold where you live and you'd have to worry about the animals of the forest with long teeth so, best not to get chickens, I suppose. But oh yes! New cabinets for books! Absolutely! And what a gorgeous table of food and what a fine supermodel of a cat.
I am sorry about the panic attack. I know.
I wish I knew what it was like to play violin for the trees. Maybe next lifetime if by any chance that's how that works.
Love to you from my rainy world where the train is right now going by.

June 11, 2017 at 2:34 PM  
Blogger Radish King said...

Barbara I got a taste for playing outside when I was a young girl at music camp. You really have to listen differently when there are no walls to accoustically bounce or amplify or even muffle sound back to you. No complaints from neighbors yet fingers crossed. Love

June 11, 2017 at 6:15 PM  
Blogger Radish King said...

Mary I would love chickens but I love to travel too and my cats are self winding (as am I) and can be left for a week with a giant bowl of food and water. I am content with roadside eggs and thankful for them. xxxooo

June 11, 2017 at 6:18 PM  
Blogger 37paddington said...

I love these glimpses of your island life. So different from your urban homesteading. The neighbors in the woods will not complain. They will be entranced.

June 12, 2017 at 9:25 AM  
Blogger Radish King said...

Dear R, everything is so much better now here in this true paradise. I think you would what I feel here, green unbound, joy. XXXXOOOO

June 12, 2017 at 11:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home