Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Pig and farm report

this morning Jupiter woke me with her tiny meeps and mewps she is an extremely talkative cat not loud at all but lots of vocalizing when I refused to fill her already full bowl of dry food she stretched out on my chest and purred and kneaded her little paws in my hair and my entire being relaxed and I got another hour of sleep and then she woke me again this time stretched out at my side and I realized she had fetched all her kitty toys her catnip mice her catnip carrot with the purple ribbon tied to it and both the strings from my pink hoodie and brought them into my bed and hid them in my hair then I got up made a pot of coffee and she alerted me first to a yellow hummingbird then to a baby bunny who was running down a little mound of dirt outside my bedroom window the bunny would run three steps then roll the rest of the way down the mound of dirt then she would pop up and do it all over again hysterically funny to both Jupiter and me and probably no one else in the entire world

I had a blueberry bagel for breakfast

life is beautiful
I play my violin on the deck every morning around 10 I am so relieved to find that I am still a violinist I have not practiced since I got sick in April

that's all I have

good morning from Summer's End where the deer and the antelope (and the violinist) play
here is my old lady hand my garden-wrecked manicure my cut short to aching fingernails my bow and Bach the pages are water stained at the top because I have dropped this book in the bath twice over the years


10 Comments:

Blogger 37paddington said...

I would love your son to make a portrait of you playing your violin on the deck in the morning. Or even at dusk, playing the upticks away. He'd make a beautiful portrait.

June 13, 2017 at 11:02 AM  
Blogger Ms. Moon said...

What Angella said.
Also I wish I had a portrait of you with Jupiter and all of her beloved possessions so lovingly brought and offered to you.

June 13, 2017 at 11:09 AM  
Blogger Joanne said...

I love the image of Jupiter bringing you all her toys in bed. I hope your uptick passed. I was thinking of you last night and wishing this were so. Playing violin on your deck, how lovely.

June 13, 2017 at 12:27 PM  
Blogger carolyn said...

I would love to be your neighbor. Violin music drifting through the air in the morning, what could be better. I'm sure the animal gods are also listening.

June 13, 2017 at 2:48 PM  
Blogger Elsewhere said...

what a beautiful hand... it has touched all sorts of magic

June 18, 2017 at 2:02 AM  
Blogger Radish King said...

Dearest R, I think he will some day if I let him. Or if he is so inspired. He has taken the only photos of me that I like except for the photo you took of me reading in NY that looked like light was shooting out of my heart. I love that photo. And you.

June 18, 2017 at 2:33 PM  
Blogger Radish King said...

Mary, every morning I wake with some kitty-spit soaked toy tucked into my hair and the tender meep meep of Jupiter's voice unless she accidentally traps herself in one closet or another as she did last night. Then she will meow proudly once only once and leave it to me to find and rescue her. Last night she put herself in the bathroom closet. I still cannot even imagine having a closet in my bathroom much less two sinks THAT WORK two giant mirrors all of it. I have so many drawers in the bathroom that I put my manuscript in one of them for a reason that is no longer known to me but I know where it is at least. I am a true weirdo and now I have a true weirdo kitty to do my bidding. I mean I do her bidding. Love

June 18, 2017 at 2:36 PM  
Blogger Radish King said...

Joanne, I can't tell if the uptick has passed. I don't think so but except for one night I still sleep. I won't be able to tell unless I go out into the real world and try to interact with human animals. Not quite there yet though I wish I were as I am craving salad and also spaghetti Love

June 18, 2017 at 2:38 PM  
Blogger Radish King said...

Carolyn, the Animal Gods seem to love music Bach especially. Cats in fact especially love Bach. Jupiter was surprised the first time I played for her and she surprised by gently nibbling at my ankles as I played which is what Paris the Genius Cat used to do though Paris got orgasmic with joy when I played. Jupiter just watches and wonders. Love

June 18, 2017 at 2:40 PM  
Blogger Radish King said...

Dear The Rabbit Lady, I used to have beautiful hands and strong. Not so beautiful but they are clever still the can bake and garden and play the violin. I am ever grateful for that. Love

June 18, 2017 at 2:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home