Friday, January 12, 2018

Today since nine this morning I've been sitting here at the adult computer in an actual comfortable chair yes it is one of my kitchen table chairs and yes it took me over a year to figure out the fact that I could carry the chair right here and sit my bony butt down and start typing

I have been gathering notes for Queer Wing-ed so far I have 115 pages of  notes (whittled down from 167 pages) all typed up clearly this introduction will need more extreme whittling it might appear untoward to certain editors if the introduction is longer than the actual manuscript itself unless I  can find a press willing to work with the whole damned thing as a hybrid (there is a press oh yes in my mind who would who would hello press! can you hear me?)

it  was extremely foggy at the beach this morning and raining weather as per usual the buffaloes were in their yard close to the road there is also a chicken in a pen in a yard who is completely black with a white cap of feathers he is spectacular I have named him Andy Warhol obvs.

I ate yogurt for breakfast and half a garnet yam for lunch and have yet to die

I am so excited to be a writer again
it took me a long time to gain enough distance from Henry to be able to edit these poems and notes without feeling inhabited by him
it took a very long time
it took such a very long time that I began to think I would never be able to go back in and I haven't even parsed the stuff I wrote on my Queer Wing-ed blog (yes I have a secret blog sheesh I have about ten of them now) nor have I yet to open my Henry Overflow folder

I guess I'd do that now
it feels good to be writing in a fever again listening to Bob Dylan's Highway 61 Revisited and Mahler's 4th Symphony because even though I write write in total silence I am in a different brain when I edit and music is my heaven

in today's mail these fabulous Queer Wing-ed stickers if you'd like me to send you one leave a note in the comments
oooooo!


hello Darklings!
Hello!
I feel as if I've returned after an extremely long absense

Love


11 Comments:

Blogger 37paddington said...

Oooooo, how exciting to imagine you sitting on your comfortable chair readying your book for the perfect press. i absolutely LOVE the idea of a hybrid book, love it love it love it. And a Queer Wing-ed sticker, yes please. Oh Rebecca, I'm happy for you. It is a wonderful feeling to be able to climb inside a piece of writing that matters so much, that you have created with so much art and something deeply mysterious too.

January 12, 2018 at 4:36 PM  
Blogger Radish King said...

Dearest R, you were in all the way through this endeavor. Thank you for encouraging me to add the notes as part of. Sending stickers tomorrow!?0
Love
Rebecca
❤️❤️❤️

January 12, 2018 at 4:49 PM  
Blogger Ms. Moon said...

I haven't felt that feeling in forever and in fact, I have not set foot into my "office" in months and months and months and months.
Can I still? Do I dare?
The mermaids call each to each.
I love you, darling woman, you writer of secrets, you peach of a gal.

January 12, 2018 at 6:00 PM  
Blogger Radish King said...

Mary, you still can do and you should indeed dare. Love right backatcha. ❤️

January 12, 2018 at 6:09 PM  
Blogger Ramona Quimby said...

I'm so glad you're writing again. My god, I love your writing, your poems, your voice. xoxo, Sara

January 12, 2018 at 8:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome back to that feeling! I love the jellyfish kite image. Of course I would love a sticker! Much love.
Xoxo
Barbara

January 13, 2018 at 6:02 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Fantastic. I'm feeling a bit of the good fever after participating in a reading over the weekend. Will it continue to come?

January 17, 2018 at 12:11 AM  
Blogger Radish King said...

Sara, hello and thank you. I'm so glad you found me again.
Rebecca

January 25, 2018 at 8:44 AM  
Blogger Radish King said...

thank you Barbara I have a feeling you're going to get stickery real soon here
love
Rebecca

January 25, 2018 at 8:45 AM  
Blogger Radish King said...

Elizabeth, good things amazing things are on the horizon. Trust !!! xoxoxoxox

January 25, 2018 at 8:45 AM  
Blogger Radish King said...

I only sent stickers to those of you who requested them. Please let me know specifically if you want some. I have plenty I just don't want to send them to someone who might toss them. Let me know and sorry for being unclear here. xoxoxox

January 25, 2018 at 8:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home