Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Dear Darklings,

My stomach did not start aching until 4 PM this afternoon and I wanted to write here and finish answering your comments. 4PM is a record in fact. Last year on this day I was in hospital so today is great. At noon I put some quinoa in my slow cooker. Here is what it holds:

1 cup of quinoa rinsed 3 times
3 cups of whole milk
1 cinnamon stick plus some ground cinnamon
1 peeled and grated apple
1 dried out pathetic vanilla bean that was too arid to split plus a good splash of Mexican vanilla
1 large glop of organic manuka honey
a huge glop of “fig spread” whatever a spread is but it tastes figgy
1 tiny handful of dark brown sugar

I opened the cooker a while ago and tried it out it is still mushy but otherwise it tastes incredible and next time I will add steel cut oats seriously my entire house smells like apple pie in the oven

this morning I went to one of the two outbuildings on my property (I cannot even believe I wrote my property much less outbuilding but there it is the shiny wing-ed truth hey thanks for dying mom!) and fetched my garden tools the big ones shovel spade etc tp prepare the garden for potatoes on account of it is potato time and they grew so well last year that I drove to the orchard orchard up the street and bought some new tubers probably too many to go with the tubers I saved from my harvest last year




wlll fuck
I had a long rambly post and I accidentally opened it up on another computer (Kindle grrrrr) and saw draft so I hit publish and lost most of it except this and now I cannot sit up Barbara, I'm so glad you were here to read it


here at least is how the post ended



4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That sounds so delicious! Hope it plays nice with your tummy. Hope to see pictures of your garden when you feel better. Much love.
Xoxo
Barbara

March 21, 2018 at 5:57 PM  
Blogger Radish King said...

Thank you dear Barbara. I can't wait to actually plant something. In the meantime I watch the trees especially Figgy Pudding and Marylinn Magnolia. Spring is constant. Love,
Rebecca

March 21, 2018 at 6:21 PM  
Blogger Ms. Moon said...

Yes. I want to see pictures of your garden too. I am not doing potatoes this year. I am just NOT. Perhaps beans will be it for me. Who knows?
The mockingbirds here are singing out YOU'RE SWEET! YOU'RE SWEET!
Pretty sure they're talking about you.

March 22, 2018 at 6:10 AM  
Blogger Radish King said...

Not sweet today, sour as a pickle. Mmmmm...bahn mi. I crave bread but it leaves me not.





Bad pun. Truly awful.
XO

March 22, 2018 at 11:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home