Thursday, February 15, 2018

the dark time/Orlando/compassion

today I bought a new litter box and rug mat for said new litter box and then I dug a six foot hole in the back forest near the deer path with my son and I collected a sizable pile of rocks and agates to place on her grave along with a stone kitty curled up sleeping to mark her grave and then I went to the store and bought three bouquets of daffodils to place on the blanket in which we will bury her along with her favorite toy the Camano Island vet is coming tomorrow at 4 to undo this most beloved Animal God

the boy is bereft he has cried twice today
he has cried three times that I know of in his life the last time for Paris

there is much to cry about today I talked to Orlando for a long time tonight I thanked her for being such a good companion to my son I told her she was brilliant and stellar and funny then I told her Paris was waiting for her then I made a big lasagna pan of homemade macaroni and cheese so my son and I have some comfort food for tomorrow night that we won't have to cook


we are all broken right now every one of us
the entire world weeps and the wolf bares his teeth and laughs
there are no words

Love

8 Comments:

Blogger 37paddington said...

Love. There is love. You are wrapped in it. You send it out like a wave. Goodnight Orlando.

February 15, 2018 at 9:07 PM  
Blogger Ms. Moon said...

As the animal gods preserve and comfort us, we must take care of them with all love and compassion and that is exactly what you are doing and honoring Orlando in every way possible. I wish I could wrap my arms around you and your son as you do this most difficult thing which is to relieve suffering and send your beloved to the next plane.
I will light a candle.
Loving you all, Orlando too.

February 16, 2018 at 6:25 AM  
Blogger 6279 said...

The beauty of your be-loved Orlando and the love of you and your son and the sweet grief tears. Thank you for letting us bare bear witness to this crossing.

February 16, 2018 at 8:52 AM  
Blogger 37paddington said...

Loving you and Page, knowing this day is hard.

February 16, 2018 at 10:52 AM  
Blogger 6279 said...

Love and compassion for you - for your son - for Orlando the lovely!

February 16, 2018 at 12:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love and tears for all of you. Orlando is well loved and Paris will be happy to be with her again. So very hard.
Xoxo
Barbara

February 16, 2018 at 3:14 PM  
Blogger Elsewhere said...

Sweet Rebecca,

No-one, ever, will be able to undo Orlando. love from all the rabbits, previous and current, and me.

February 17, 2018 at 1:04 AM  
Blogger Elle Clancy said...

Thinking of you and your son, and Orlando. You will see her on the other side.

February 17, 2018 at 3:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home