Friday, October 5, 2018

Pig and farm report

the Queen is in and she's judging Amerika harshly

























in other news it is raining hard end of the world rain I was going to go to the bait & tackle for some yogurt and bread but I have oats and figs (yes figs!!!) and road eggs and soup that I made last winter and yeast and flour and sugar and butter and I can make my own damn bread so today I am not going any damn where

now that the temps are in the 30s in the morning I have a very small ritual

I get up at 6 AM put 3/4 cup of water into my wee 1&1/2 quart crock pot (I believe it is the world's smallest crock pot one of the originals) along with 1 cut up apple a few sultanas a pinch of salt some cinnamon and 1/4 cup of Irish steel cut oats then I plug the ancient little thing in and go back to bed to read until 8 AM and then I get back up eat the oatmeal with brown sugar and a splash of milk and watch Leave it to Beaver on one of the ghost channels

I believe I will stick to this ritual throughout winter

I have the fire going but have yet to turn on the heat
this morning I woke with a kitten under each armpit and Jupiter purring away on my chest her cat machine running like the exquisite engine it is I was a Jesus Animal crucified on my own bed with claws heat and the softest fur imaginable

I am happy
I am writing
I am freaked out

this isn't much of a report
I have no idea what I was going to write when I first started this blog post

hello Darklings
it is October

the owl is still in my tree

5 Comments:

Blogger Ms. Moon said...

This all sounds rather perfect except for the freaked out part. Stay in. Stay warm. Stay cozy.

October 5, 2018 at 11:49 AM  
Blogger Tom Beckett said...

I can really relate to the having no idea of what I'm writing when I start out writing.

October 5, 2018 at 6:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds very cozy to me! What better way to awaken! Much love.
Xoxo
Barbara

October 7, 2018 at 6:43 AM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

cozy, like winter morning with my mother when she put slices of bread into muffin cups and filled them with jelly. and captain kangaroo. and falling asleep atop the sewing machine in the warming sunny window. wrapped in the red and black afghan.

October 9, 2018 at 5:02 AM  
Blogger Alice said...

a wonderful day

October 11, 2018 at 7:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home