Tuesday, April 30, 2019

April 30

Tadpole pond


I stood on the metal bridge with mallards heron seagulls three drunk people & a Pekinese the Pekinese a black fluff scooting sideways in strong wind he hid himself behind a piece of driftwood I could see him but the drunk people could not they called his name the dog giggled one of the drunk men told me beavers eat the trees in the pond I told him the trees are alders they give their lives to Jesus every forty years the drunk woman said the other day Lloyd saw an otter float under the bridge and the otter looked at Lloyd then the otter floated to the other side and looked at Lloyd again then Lloyd confirmed this story shouting OTTER WAS RIGHT THERE then took a sip of his beer we talked otters & turtles & fallen alders & laughed in the weird morning.

3 Comments:

Blogger Ms. Moon said...

Sounds like a damn good conversation to me.
The Pekinese giggling is the best.

April 30, 2019 at 3:28 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

I read the word "otter" and giggle.

April 30, 2019 at 9:43 PM  
Blogger 37paddington said...

weird mornings like these are pure gold.

May 1, 2019 at 6:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home