Friday, June 23, 2017

I am horse-heart drunk on Wild Turkey the promise of sugar peas and striped radishes with one clichéd red rosebud I strung the plastic clothesline in my forest grabbed the clips for chips clips off the kitchen counter as I don’t have chips but I do have underwear and sheets to dry in the sun this morning a landscape frenzy cleared off my dresser emptied my dresser drawers my bedside table put heavy blankets away exposed my sea quilt with floating jellyfish put my laundry away painted my toenails whore red put escaped books back on their shelves scrubbed the bathroom lit a candle I’m preparing for a guest a gold visitor a breathless graduation an infant a church inside a church underneath the freeway I prepare for the end of the world wedding banquet where Jesus is the Bride and Bridegroom at the Church of ME. I prepare my wedding bed. I prepare the meal I bake giant peanut butter cookies to crack surrender and share. There is some serious shaking going on under the apocalypse train finally rumbling up the track and I shovel coal even my hair waves out from my scalp electric and soft and thick. Weird excitement. Fear. I can smell the lowest tide of the year when I step outside. Divination with pea tendrils and fiddlehead ferns.


6 Comments:

Blogger Ms. Moon said...

Perfection in all regards, Rebecca.

June 23, 2017 at 8:54 AM  
Blogger Radish King said...

My love to you Mary. I finished the cookies and I'm heading out to the garden then I'm going swimming. I do love summer. The best. And you.

June 23, 2017 at 8:55 AM  
Blogger 6279 said...

Sea quilt with floating jellyfish made my brain picture a transparent enourmous quilt, made of jellyfish, covering the sea....

The End of the World Wedding Banquet - I want to be the one making the little give-aways from Baby Jaybus and his femaleself to the guests - I would make crumbly sugar cookies with ground glass sparkles. This will help trigger the rolling apocalypse train carrying her yamtracked passengers through to Valhalla, munching treats, sipping bubbly champagne, waiting for the virgin spawn.

My brain is getting your brain today.

My thanks for you and you.

June 23, 2017 at 10:55 AM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

This is rapturous.

June 23, 2017 at 11:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope you are doing well today. Thinking of you and thanking the universe for you and your tender, immense heart. Closing my eyes and trying to conjure the tide smell. Love.
Xoxo
Barbara

June 24, 2017 at 10:37 AM  
Blogger 37paddington said...

Gorgeous images. Lucky visitor.

June 24, 2017 at 2:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home