Thursday, June 22, 2017

the most boring post in the universe and a wee frog

I made a savory custard this morning and I pinched off my basil leaves then I rubbed them between my hands for their perfume and when I smelled my hands my sense/thought was of small pox blankets I have no idea of course if small pox blankets smelled sweet but I had a diabetic friend when we were both in our twenties and when her insulin was off her entire body had a strange sweet smell

yesterday was so exciting for me that my brain spun out my son and I ended up going to an early dinner and I ate so quickly and so much having forgotten lunch and having not had much breakfast and then I felt too full like after Thanksgiving and sleep did not come and did not come and did not come until around 3 this morning

so it goes

today I went to the beach then made salsa verde cruda which I tend to put on everything then washed a ton of clothes and then nothing I am still at nothing even though there is much to do to do to do

I saw this wee green frog when I was clearing out some crap and exposing a gorgeous white trellis in front of which I'm going to plant my giant sunflowers he was so tiny if he dropped into my hair I could have worn him as a barrette and I never would have noticed and that's about it for me
no one guessed why I named my hutch Hutch so it might be that no one is reading here maybe I'm shunned like the Amish I was shunned for a while at My Ex Glamorous Job I know how it feels so here's a hint though the contest is over as promised Ms. Lockwood's memoir will go into the book bin at the giant grocery store next week



6 Comments:

Blogger Ms. Moon said...

I have no idea why your hutch is named Hutch but one time May won a name-Lynn's-truck-contest. She suggested Chuck. You can see why she won.
That little frog IS a jewel.
How do you make your salsa?

June 22, 2017 at 3:51 PM  
Blogger Joanne said...

Why is you hutch called Hutch? I've been reading but I don't recall you mentioning that. I love your blog❤️

June 22, 2017 at 4:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Savory pudding sounds like just what my poor tum is craving. Hutch first brings to mind that lamentable 70s series. Also the bunny Hutch, such a clever name. It's a lovely piece and I'm glad it's at Summer's End. I squealed with delight at Kimono Kitty and had my son carefully cut the envelope open! Thank you and love.
Xoxo
Barbara

June 22, 2017 at 5:24 PM  
Blogger 37paddington said...

I don't know why it's named Hutch other than it's a hutch and I started to say that but knew it wasn't that so I decided to wait patiently to discover the reason. Please tell.

June 22, 2017 at 9:06 PM  
Blogger Radish King said...

Good morning Darklings! The reason the hutch is called Hutch is because in Rosemary's Baby (one of my top five all time favorite movies I know I know) Rosemary's friend Hutch was her elder friend who gave her the book about witches and told her it's an anagram before he died of whitchery spells! Yesterday I had a little diorama of Rosemary's Baby up top and if you look at the second photo of Hutch you'll see my copy of Rosemary's Baby is the only book on the shelves! It is quite possible though that my hands are so shaky that the photo is too fuzzy to read the title of the book especially if you are reading from a phone. Thank you all for playing!!!

June 23, 2017 at 9:49 AM  
Blogger Marylinn Kelly said...

Shoot. I guessed ROSEMARY'S BABY and then see you've already given the answer but I knew. Would I lie to you? And the way she always tells people that Guy was in LUTHER and NOBODY LOVES AN ALBATROSS (at least I think that's right) and for no reason I can name was thinking "Roman Castavet" the other night. One more day until Birthday Month and then, let the fun begin. Love to you. xo

June 29, 2017 at 1:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home