Tuesday, June 20, 2017

leaf or slug?

I drove to the beach this morning as I always do and it looked like this


















when I arrived home there was a white car parked in my driveway and I backed up and watched as Mr and Mrs call me Lisa Kooper were getting out but the paranoia had already roiled up leaving me shaking physically and internally and irrationally angry which means I'm still manic still inside it goddamn the first time in six months anyone has dropped by except Alice which reminds me Alice is here not in Japan but one wee town over and she has not called I guess she won't which makes me both sad and paranoider and of course still manic

I reheated some beans and had huevos rancheros with my delicious orange-yolked roadside eggs and my own salsa verde (tomatillos garlic onion serrano pepper salt pepper) I coyoted it down (wolf down seems off on account of the coyote visit this morning) then I tried to write a letter and my hands were shaking so hard I made a mess of it and now all my worry hairs are standing up shouting at me and I'm back in my Christmas nightgown which is my version of comfort food and my belly is rumbling really noisy and I just want to hide I would be baking up a storm but I am out of flour and I am afraid to drive again

I feel this way too when my phone rings when people message me on FaceBook for no real reason when people invade and some invade more than others and I have written about this over and over and over though I am still taken to task for it ugh

I can smell the low tide from my little end of the island and walking to the house from my car I had to keep close watch to make sure I was stepping on wet rolled up leaves not wet stretched out slugs and that's that for now I'm thinking I'll hang one of my Voodoo dolls in the mudroom in plain sight to keep the Adventists and their weird crushing frightening lust for my soul at bay

5 Comments:

Blogger 37paddington said...

papa said there'd be days like this. rock on. tomorrow is on its way. i love you.

June 20, 2017 at 1:43 PM  
Blogger Radish King said...

Yes this too shall pass. Hurry and pass!

June 20, 2017 at 2:10 PM  
Blogger 37paddington said...

Amen! Hugs.

June 20, 2017 at 2:35 PM  
Blogger Ms. Moon said...

I do not have the sharpness of reaction that you have to people pulling up, messaging me, calling me...but I have it bad enough to completely understand. I tell you something I really hate- voice mail. It makes me want to vomit.

June 20, 2017 at 2:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The voodoo doll idea is brilliant. Maybe a doormat with a nice plump pentagram (autocorrect wanted that to be pentagon). Hope the belly rumbles come to naught. Bless black dog roadside farms and their lovely eggs. Coyote! Sending love.
Xoxo
Barbara

June 20, 2017 at 4:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home