Friday, November 9, 2018

Pig and farm report

it seems I am once again not getting email notification when one of you posts a comment grrr though I have changed nothing in the settings this here today is a placeholder a tracker this here today is to say that my disease my bipolar 1 disorder is kicking my ass all over the place this time depression my peculiar strand of the disorder brings its clouds and storms and race cars without triggers for the past week I've stayed in my holly and ivy nightgown binged watched television and other shows and wept but I would have been weeping in front of the television even without my disorder the way things are fortunately I've been able to read too Leonora Carrington's Complete Stories as well as Down Below in which she writes of her disorder and a book of poetry by Shaindel Beers Secure Your Own Mask which is stunning I am pretty much at zero right now but here is a quick binge watching review revue since I can't think of anything else to type

I Love Dick, Netflix
my second time watching this series about Chris Kraus's book directed by Jill Soloway I love it and I love Kathryn Hahn in it a really funny put down about an artist colony in Marfa Texas as least that's how I read it

Homecoming, Amazon
I probably should be embarrassed by how much I love Julia Roberts excellent scary story

Outlander, Showtime
I watched the first two seasons which was two whole days thinking it was a time travel story but it really isn't and by the end of the second season I noticed cringy racism colonialism and rampant misogyny so BIG no it took me eleven tries to spell misogyny and just now I misspelled spell

Chilling Adventures of Sabrina, Netflix
it turns out I am no longer nine years old so I only got through one episode

Mad Men, AMC
maybe for the eleventh time and I still loved it all the way through


it is a goddamned miracle I haven't burned my eyebulbs out from all the cathode or whatever rays emitting from my telly and computer screens it's a goddamned miracle my neck and back and entire body doesn't ache from so much non-activity with sporadic panic baking and it's a pure goddamned jesus miracle that I didn't die on Monday from eating an entire box of Blue Box Mac 'N Cheese while watching politicking on the telly but it was after I took an Ativan then smoked about one third of a joint it was not a cry for help either I ate it straight from the pan I cooked the noodles in with no shame whatsoever also with no one watching

well there you have it I'll be back when I can and when I can

Love and here's Hal on my beach towel


6 Comments:

Blogger Ms. Moon said...

I watched a thing on Netflix this afternoon that my kids advised me to watch. Maybe you would like it. "Nanette". I recognized myself.
I love you.

November 9, 2018 at 5:48 PM  
Blogger Radish King said...

I love you back. I ran around with Jupiter for the two minutes tonight and it exhausted me. XO

November 9, 2018 at 5:59 PM  
Blogger Radish King said...

I tried to watch Nanette but gave up about three minutes in. Gadsby’s humor just didn’t get me. Humor is even weirder than poetry that way.

November 9, 2018 at 6:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Prince Hal looks so big in that picture! Much love.
Xoxo
Barbara

November 10, 2018 at 9:47 AM  
Blogger Radish King said...

Barbara he is HUGE and beasty. I love his guts. XO

November 10, 2018 at 10:11 AM  
Blogger 37paddington said...

This post just feel so unvarnished and real and it makes me want to sit next to you in my sleep tee shirt and flannel pj pants not talking and binge watching with you and catch eyes every so often over something on screen some action and we’d demand nothing at all of each other except love which would flow without effort anyway so would not be demanded either. Be well dear Rebecca. Take care of my friend.

November 10, 2018 at 4:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home