Sunday, October 14, 2018

Miraculeux



yesterday I finished Queer Wing-ed

this morning I printed it and read it all the way through and honestly I was stunned by how it moved me how good it was how much of my life to took to write 30,491 words 151 pages the thousands and thousands of miles I traveled from Seattle to Chicago from Seattle to New Hampshire from Seattle to Vermont from Vermont to New York then from Seattle to New York again and back all those miles all those words all those years nine years this summer

at 1:04 this afternoon I sent it to my publisher of choice
then I ate a celebration bagel

I want desire need a bigger celebration but for right now I'm enjoying the echo emptiness of my once haunted brain for right now I'm rolling across that wide open prairie in my head like a dog in mud for right now I am full of thanks for all of you for taking this weird journey with me thank you
thank you
thank you

and you and you and you

13 Comments:

Blogger Ms. Moon said...

YOU!
Cake time.

October 14, 2018 at 1:52 PM  
Blogger Radish King said...

Hi Mary! I thought the same thing but I don’t want to bake it. Hmmm...maybe a trip to the French bakery is in order.
Love
Rebecca

October 14, 2018 at 1:58 PM  
Blogger Ramona Quimby said...

! That is a thing worth celebrating.

Can't wait to read it, so glad you (and your poems and this place too) exist in the world

October 14, 2018 at 6:51 PM  
Blogger Radish King said...

Thank you Ramona I celebrated with three tiny tacos. XO

October 14, 2018 at 7:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Most definitely a labor of love, sweat and tears. I cant wait to read it.
Xoxo
Barbara

October 15, 2018 at 7:11 AM  
Blogger Radish King said...

Barbara I can’t wait for you to read it dearhrart! I want to read it to everyone now. I can’t wait to discover what’s next. Love

October 15, 2018 at 7:19 AM  
Blogger Pam said...

Congratulations! What a journey. What endurance. I look forward to this book being out in the world. xox

October 15, 2018 at 6:48 PM  
Blogger Alice said...

love you! the way your words are solid to me. much-much congratulation to you!

October 16, 2018 at 3:26 PM  
Blogger Radish King said...

Pam I put the postcard you sent me of the map of the US on my dresser mirror in the old house. I looked at it every single day and dreamed myself across it. Thank you for being here with me all the way through. Love

October 17, 2018 at 8:18 AM  
Blogger Radish King said...

Alice darling you’re in the book you know throughout. Our shopping trip how I was in the air to Dartmouth on your birthday. Yes. I love you little sister. R

October 17, 2018 at 8:19 AM  
Blogger 37paddington said...

Oh Rebecca. I was there at the beginning. I’m so in awe. Brava. This is a life work.

October 17, 2018 at 7:24 PM  
Blogger Marylinn Kelly said...

Beyond the enormity of the work I see vision and commitment and endurance, hallmarks of the giants among us. You have done a remarkable thing. Love and admiration, conquest and congratulations. Also for pastries, cat love, music and being with us in terrible America, making it a bit less so.

October 18, 2018 at 2:52 PM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

i figure when i read this my head will explode. which is as it should be. i will try to bring a cup, to gather the contents. so happy for you. there's nothing like it in the world.

October 20, 2018 at 6:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home