Friday, March 23, 2018





Just now Jupiter the Wonder Cat chased a fat mouse from under the sofa upon which I was sitting I put my feet up but did not squeal eek like a tv girl from the 1950s I calmly drank my coffee and watched her corner the mouse behind the fireplace & now she's watching for it to come out so she can dispatch it this is the 8th mouse she's caught in 11 months she is WONDER CAT Jupiter is getting tuna for elevenses she is one brave and caring creature. Good morning from the eye of the storm on my little island. I already did the dishes started a load of laundry & heated (het?) up the soup I made yesterday. The power has been flicking on & off for an hour. I have filled all my glass milk bottles (we are close to a dairy!) with water & filled all my pitchers with same in case I need to emergency flush before the power comes back on etc. 

I thought for certain it was Saturday when I woke after a full ten hours of sleep. It still feels like Saturday which is never a bad thing. Welcome Darklings to my weekend.


Love


3 Comments:

Blogger Ms. Moon said...

I slept for nine and a half hours last night! And I could sleep and sleep today too but am trying very hard to keep moving and do stuff which needs to be done anyway. Tell Jupiter that I am very proud of her and that she is indeed a warrior and a defender of her hearth.

March 23, 2018 at 10:07 AM  
Blogger Radish King said...

Hi Mary! I was just standing in the kitchen stirring the soup to which I added six more cups of stock thinking now that is no longer Saturday I actually have to do stuff. Alas. Still the lights keep flickering the soup keeps gettin deeper and more delicious and there is heavy snow 40 miles away in Marysville. Honest. Marysville. And that right there is also delicious.
Love

March 23, 2018 at 10:14 AM  
Blogger Ms. Moon said...

There is a tiny town south of here named Glen St. Mary which I always say they have backwards.
I've moved all of the plants I can move back out to the porch and cleaned up that porch and am washing the blankets and covers I use to cover the plants I don't bring in when it freezes.
I guess it really is spring here. Unlike in Marysville.

March 23, 2018 at 11:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home